WL Nelson Ltd was started by Walter Nelson in 1946 and has been in its present location since 1948. WL Nelson Ltd started as an appliance retail store and commercial walk in freezers, with furniture and bedding added in 1950. Nelson's are known for their service throughout the Tri-Counties. Bob Nelson joined his father in 1953. The first renovation was completed in 1965; making the store 6000 sq. ft. Jim Nelson joined Nelson's in 1974. Two more renovations in 1992 and 1997 made the store its present size, with over 16000 sq. ft. of showrooms and 26,000 sq. ft. of warehousing. Robert Nelson (Present operator) joined the family business in 2007, taking over operation in 2016.
Nelson's continues to be a leader in trends and styles, selling medium to high end products.